I took back that compressor as it's not much better than my old one.

Brendan and I got filthy in our flannies cleaning the tub with wire wheels on the grinders. Welded in some new metal in the hole underneath the fuel tank.


The sun dried out the mud...


...and more dirt appeared.


Two grinders, two wire wheels and about two hours of cleaning.


Turned out like this. Most of it came off pretty easy.


Found all the hidden rusted spots.


This area is going to suck to fix.


Oh look, more rust!


Welding in some new sheet metal.


Oooh yeh, i'm happy with that, will smooth it out on the inside with some filler.